Ok, I’m a couple days late, but here are some headlines over the Internet this past week.
Some cool links of the week:
- Infographic: Tackle social media in 30 minutes a day (From Ragan)
- What Freelancing is Not (From Graphic Design Blender)
- 5 Tips to Jump-Start Your Post Design Career (From Nubby Twiglet)
- Why Freelancers Need a Good Working Environment at Home (From Naldz Graphics)
- Create a Design Career Map to Chart Your Next Move (From HOW Design)
- Why You Should Blog to Get Your Next Job (From Mashable)
- 28 Creative Branding and Identity Design examples for your inspiration (From Webneel)
- Getting Out of The Google Sandbox! (From PC Tech Authority)
Here are some graphics that I created to help promote an upcoming New Jersey networking event in June. It’s currently being used for the organization’s website, social media platforms and email blasts (1/2).
Oh, and yes, this is a free, shameless plug of the event! 😉
Happy Friday everybody! Starting the three-day weekend with my very first Links to See post for this week.
One last thing – If you’re looking to expand your professional network within NJ, the Association for Women in Communications – New Jersey Chapter will be hosting its Summer Networking Party on Wednesday, June 19 at 6:30 pm in Bar Cara, Bloomfield, NJ. Please mark your calendars and be sure to go to awcnj.org for more details!
After some late nights, I finally added some new pieces in my Portfolio page. The page has been reorganized by different categories (brochures, newsletters, banners, etc.). As always, it’s a work in progress and gets updated constantly (well starting today, of course, ha!). Definitely check it out here or click the Portfolio tab above.
Are you ready to take the freelance plunge? The Creative Group created this infographic, including trends, tips and questions to consider before pursuing a consulting career.
freelancing, freelancing trends, hiring freelancers, consulting, consulting trends, hiring consultants
yvenia is now on Google+
Still learning the ropes, so be nice to me. 🙂